Kerrie’s Book Series
and other snippets
It’s Amost Here!
Kerrie about to be
on the head
by one of her
for being so late with
(Nan Tien Temple,
PS: A snap, not a staged photo!
It has been a very long time in the making—my life’s work, in fact. But at last the first set of my own book series is in sight of publication. And more books will be added to that series over the next few years (they’re all in progress!). Plus another very different collaborative series that I’m hoping to publish later 2019.
Initially, my comprehensive book series on astrology and consciousness (and related topics) began its life in 1998, seemingly destined to be a single fat paper tome (of more than 500,000 words, mostly written in just 13 months!). But the bizarre twists of Fate conspired against me, and even though I spent the following decade deep in research and investigations, the book could not be completed.
Just as well! There is no substitute for time and practice when it comes to a professional polish in one’s writing. Not that I’m a master now, but there have been visible improvements! (And I’m now officially an award-winning author.)
A huge change arrived for me in 2011, when I sat in front of Dale Beaumont, one of Australia’s most prolific authors (and now founder and CEO of Business Blueprint) who advised us to not think “book”, but to think “book series”. And even though I’d had an American publisher interested in the concept of my book, Dale was the first person to convince me that self-publishing was the way to go.
I’d had articles published in a number of magazines from the late 1980s, and made my first anthology contribution to Ian White’s book Australian Bush Flower Healing in 1999.
Though, this was an odd experience, as my rough first trial draft which had been written quickly for basic subject approval, had been not only seriously altered by the editor (including some critical astrological spelling: I was not referring to the Kuiper Belt “trans-Neptunian” bodies, but the eight Witte-Sieggrün “Transneptunian” Points—vastly different!), but was also published, instead of my third and final draft that also contained corrections to the chart! (Getting asteroid names onto a chart for print in those days was a paper-&-scissors, cut-&-stickytape scan job!)
… Self-publishing looking pretty good!
Yet, I was published again in another anthology in 2011, via the talented author/editor/multi-award-winning publisher, Sophia Fairchild of Soul Wings® Press. Sophia maintains a close working relationship with her authors, so this was a much happier experience than my first anthology contribution in 1999!
This 2011 book, Planet Whispers: Wisdom From Soul Travelers Around the World, has fourteen contributing authors, including Sophia, herself, and we received an award for the book, which is quite exciting! Also (at this time of writing), on Goodreads it’s been given an average of 4.75 stars and 100% of people voting like it.
My chapter in Planet Whispers is titled “Is It the Body or the Mind That Travels?”, uncovering the subtle influences that are travelling with us in foreign lands.
“The longing to reach an exotic destination
is not for the food, the entertainment, or the postcards,
but a yearning of the soul to complete something
undone long ago.”
— KERRIE REDGATE
excerpt from “Is It the Body or the Mind That Travels?”,
Planet Whispers: Wisdom From Soul Travelers Around the World
(Soul Wings®Press, ed. Sophia Fairchild)
My chapter also offers some clues as to how we can find our own personal Power Places. I gave away a little of my research in that book pertaining to the source of astrological influences, but that will be the focus of an entire book I’m currently completing.
. . . I do have to say, though, I have some issues with the Audible narrated version of my chapter in Planet Whispers, so I recommend the paper or ebook versions if my chapter is significant for you. See the detailed note at the bottom of this page ↓
Planet Whispers is available via Amazon (paper, Kindle ebook, Audible),
Kobo (epub ebook), iBooks (epub ebook),
and can be ordered through your favourite book store.
National Best Book Awards 2012—USA Book News Award-Winning Finalist
Category: Best Anthology—Non-Fiction
More in 2011
2011 was very much a writing year for me. I had also stepped up my blog production (which I’d started in January 2010) — now lost, thanks to Yahoo!’s shenanigans. (I’ve since switched to a new web host for genuine customer service!) Though, I still have many of those original blog texts, so I may re-purpose some as a small ebook.
A Resource Blog
Meanwhile, my new Exceptional Purpose Resource Blog is a collection of mostly videos from thought-leaders, solopreneurs, and entrepreneurs for your inspiration, with my added written commentary for context. So do check that out. The collection is building (and the blog site will soon be redesigned for easier searching)
Also that year, I was pondering deeply as to how on Earth I could slice up my gigantic 550,000-word manuscript into a series of books.
The result is that today I have about 10 books on the go! (And another 6 in the planning stages!). Three or four will be published at the same time so you can continue reading them as an interconnected series. I’m planning to make 2018 my publishing year!
Rescued by Scrivener
Joanna Penn (left) & myself — Feb 2017 at her writers’ seminar in Brisbane Australia
For decades, I had been frustrated with the writing apps available for professional writers. I tried one after the after, but felt constrained by each one of them, including MSWord’s “master document” feature (ugh!). I have since learned that I was not alone!
One of the miraculous changes that occurred for me in recent years has been the discovery of the fabulous writing and authoring software, Scrivener, created by the good people at Literature & Latte. (I use their Scapple app on the Mac, as well, for creating ‘mind-maps’ for StrategyTransit reports.)
I had downloaded the free 30-days-of-use trial of Scrivener in 2012 (or 2013?), but at first sight it looked complicated and ugly! I’d had no idea then that it could be completely customized, visually and practically, for your preferred work environment. It’s magic!
It was not until 2015 that I discovered Joanna Penn, arguably the queen of indie author publishing! Her non-fiction book series and The Creative Penn podcast are indispensable for writers. And apart from the treasure trove of wisdom she shares for us indie authors (as also a successful indie fiction author), Joanna’s podcasts and videos inspired me to try Scrivener again.
Most professional writers and authors use Scrivener as the software of choice (for MacOS, iOS, or Windows). It’s not simply a writing app, but an entire research environment for your work. It can hold all of your research data—including offline web pages, videos, images, documents—that you need for your writing project, all in one place!
To think, back in the ’90s, I used to print out long chapters I’d written in MSWord, slice up little sections with scissors, lay them out on the floor to get the overall picture, and then sticky tape them to where I thought they should go in the chapter! Then I had to do the same virtual cut-&-paste in MSWord itself!!
With Scrivener, you can create smaller sub-documents within a document or chapter and just slide their icons up and down in the sidebar “Binder”, placing them where they would fit best in the project. Plus corkboards for synopses, character traits, etc, etc. Progress tracking, formatting for writing, as well as formatting for publishing. Easy! And that is only the beginning.
And it didn’t stop there for me, as I needed help for just understanding what Scrivener was capable of doing, and how to do it. And that’s when I found Karen Prince who has produced excellent, comprehensive, and affordable online courses for working with Scrivener. Here’s a brief introduction, below, from Karen Prince’s YouTube channel:
My mother used to say,
“You can do anything in life if you have the right tools.”
— KERRIE REDGATE
My mother was absolutely correct, of course. And I now feel liberated as a writer, as I have a tool that not only has boosted my productivity (and allows me to set real-time targets), but will also help me format my books for all the various self-publishing platforms.
If you are on my emailing list (see the ‘grab it here!’ button, below), you will be alerted to the brief periods when my books will be discounted or free for you in the e-book versions for a limited time, or pre-released especially for review purposes.
And one of the first e-books in the series will be periodically free, with a price tag for the printed version.
It can be easy for me to leave something significant out of my books, forgetting all the steps it had taken for my own investigations and realisations.
So I’ve created an easy SURVEY where you can ask me anything directly relating to my books on various topics of my work and research. And I may be able to answer your queries for everyone via my books.
The Survey guides you easily through the general topics (such as astrology, reincarnation, flower essences). You can spend as much time with it as you’d like, and only ask about the topics that interest you.
Your interactions with the survey are private, between you and me, so your queries, themselves, will not be published.
Please try it out! I’d love to hear from you.
Contents of the Series
The main theme of the series relates to “consciousness”, and how it can be explained through Astrology, while delving into the deepest questions about life. This is a new system of interpretation and new research I have been developing since 1986. Some of the books will also deal with my extensive research into subtle self-sabotage in career and relationships—this is also exclusive work.
- One of the earliest volumes in the series is an explanation of Reincarnation based on my research methods. This will be a comprehensive exposé covering also the significance of childhood experiences viewed here as the direct result of former causes, rather than the ultimate cause of our present condition, discussed in relation to our mind-stream (“memory-consciousness”). It includes a step by step description of the research I have undertaken with several colleagues to prove the reincarnation of consciousness as a valid process of life and spiritual development.
- Another early volume describes how astrology actually works, with major references to the Earth’s magnetic field and the brain. I have never supported the standard catch-cry from many astrologers that Carl Jung’s theory of “Acausal Synchronicity” is behind this profound science. (I find that a lazy, straw-grasping approach.) As a Buddhist, I firmly believe that all things are a manifestation of causes and conditions. Again, my proposal is based on my own research. This book also helps to elaborate further on the process of the transmigration of consciousness, the reincarnation of the mindstream.
- Yet another volume takes a further leap to elaborate on the spiritual psychology of the Yogacara Doctrine of Mind (including the Buddha Nature), a sophisticated system of eight types of consciousness which Siddhartha Gautama, the man we refer to as The Buddha, had devised through his insights during the 6th century BC. Here, I have made major correlations to brain areas and astrological signatures. Again, this is original work that I have been refining since the late 1990s.
- This brings us into the deeper implications of what it means to be a spiritually mature human being, living a life of compassion through inherent wisdom. The book that addresses this theme elaborates on the idea of the modern day Bodhisattva, the courageous, awakened person who wants meaning from life, and who recognises our social responsibility. This volume will hopefully inspire the entrepreneur/solopreneur to boldly innovate with confidence that the world can be changed in a way that benefits all.
- An important volume, The Silent Saboteur in the Psyche, will elaborate on my three decades of research into subtle self-sabotage that affects many individuals around the world, wanting to express their highest purpose and to leave a legacy of a life well-lived for others. I now know where it is in the brain and how it got there! Plus how to determine it astrologically, and the steps we need to take in our lives to overcome the stagnation.
- There will be other volumes that support these last two, especially, focusing on the idea of Exceptional Purpose as the new standard for business and social reform.
- Healing the Source will also be a volume dedicated to Flower Essence Therapy. This will elaborate on what flower essences are, and how and why they work. Plus, I will publish some of my formulas that I have found to be effective for my clients and students. See also my new website, BodhimindEssences.com for more information on flower essences and my formulas’ descriptions. Plus my Exceptional Purpose Resource newsletter will contain an exposé on a flower essence formula in each edition
- And a separate book on Astrological Transits describing the responsible way in which we may still use the current astrological influences as opportunities to develop strategies for directing our future decisions. In this way, Transiting influences become natural timers for our spiritual development, without seeing these astrological forces as being “fatalistic”. This book also illustrates the common cycles of inner growth, instigated by planetary cycles, which we all experience from our birth to the end of our life; and their implications for our personal responsibility in the world.
- Other books are also in the works to support these themes more specifically.
Other Topics I’m Covering in the Series
- A new more positive and inspirational interpretation of the Western (Tropical) astrological chart
- The use of thousands of asteroids as the body-text of your birth chart, to describe your deeper past and the concepts hidden in your brain
- Unique research involving the eight Transneptunian Points for your higher spiritual evolution
- The Astrological Paradigms and how you can take advantage of their mass influence, personally and professionally
- Astrology and The Yogacara Doctrine of Mind, one of the highest levels of Buddhist psychology
- Some Taoist Philosophy to help bring you to wholeness and inner balance with the outer world
- Flower Essence therapy to help retrain your brain
- A little physics and cosmology to make sense out of it all
- General brain science to understand your mental and emotional processes
- The human energetic system related to astrological signatures including associations with the “auric fields” of consciousness, chakras, and major meridians, all offering clues for the development of further diagnostic techniques in various fields
- … and a lot more!…
I apologise for the enormous delay in getting this series of books out there, but I am intending that the wait will eventually prove its worth. And I thank those who have made inquiries, for their patience and continued interest.
I have been very excited to find that the new “science of consciousness”, presently emerging in our Western technological culture, is now validating many of the theorems and discoveries I have been writing about in my book series.
I will now be able to refer in my own book to many of the new scientific studies being conducted at this time, and perhaps this has had something to do with the delay of its publication. My dream of having astrology finally validated as a genuine science may possibly be moving closer to becoming a reality.
I owe a great deal of the success of this research to my clients and students, over the years, who provided the necessary feed-back, suggestions, and questions that led me to my present understanding of the wisdom and truth within the science of astrology generally.
I also want to thank the good people at Literature & Latte for creating their fabulous Scrivener software for both Mac and Windows writers, and for making it so affordable for us!
Download a copy of Kerrie Redgate’s 2008 Insight Magazine article Cult or Consciousness: A Global Ultimatum (written mostly in 2007), explaining both the previous global astrological era (from 1995 to 2007) and this current one (2008 to 2023), highlighting the big changes that were yet to come at the time of writing, from an astrological viewpoint.
Many of the issues mentioned are already happening now (note the ‘cult’ movements emerging into public prominance now), and we are only half-way through this paradigm. This article explains the Why. Also, it includes the advantages of this era, if we avail ourselves of the opportunities.
YOU’LL ALSO RECEIVE FUTURE EDITIONS OF MY NEWSLETTER, WHICH WILL INCLUDE MY
EXCEPTIONAL PURPOSE RESOURCE GUIDES.
BUT EASY TO UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU’RE NOT HAPPY FOR ANY REASON, AS THE LIST IS MANAGED AUTOMATICALLY BY THE GOOD PEOPLE AT MAILCHIMP.
Note on ‘Planet Whispers’
There are some errors in the narration of the Audible version of my chapter in Planet Whispers. Despite my precise literary efforts to avoid confusion, the word ‘tear’ was mispronounced as though a rip rather than a little wet drop (even though that error made no sense to the plot!).
And also, the following Bahasa Indonesia term “maaf maaf” (“excuse me / I’m very sorry”) was replaced by the narrator with a defiant “Uh-huh?”, which was NOT what had happened in the actual incident!
It mortifies me to think that people hear this as me being rude to a Balinese official! I’d had a lovely exchange with that man—that was the point!
Also, I was surprised to find that there was someone on the planet, especially a narrator, who had never heard of Australia’s most famous ‘Bondi Beach’, so it came out ‘Bondee’ (again, not as I had written!).
Interestingly, I tested the ebook version on my older, original Kindle, which has speakers and the auto text-reader, and I found that the Kindle’s voice handled both ‘tear’ and ‘Bondi’ perfectly! (Two points for Ai !)
I haven’t heard all of my chapter narrated, so I have no idea how the narrater handled the astrological terms! You may still be able to hear the first page of my chapter recited in the audio sample on the Amazon Audible page for the book (if it starts with “I smiled upwards at the figure standing behind…”). I hadn’t been aware of an Audible version in existence before I’d found that page.
If you are interested in my chapter, my advice is to buy the paper or the e-versions (Kindle, iBooks, Kobo, etc). And if I decide to produce audio versions of my own books, I’ll be the one doing the narration!
PS: If you are an aspiring indie author, yourself, head over to Joanna Penn‘s website, The Creative Penn, where life begins! (But do pop back!)